Evaluating the Medical Literature
A practical perspective on reading and interpreting the daily influx of research articles.
In the era of data deluge, it is essential to develop a method for keeping up with current literature in your field. In this workshop, you will be introduced to basic concepts and strategies that can be used to form a strategy about what you read, how you read it, and help you put what you have read in perspective.
The participant will:
- Appreciate the differences in how research is published/presented
- Recognize the basic study designs used in research, including their strengths and weaknesses
- Acquire a standard approach for the critique of any research article using an organized structured framework
- Learn how to assess the degree and type of uncertainty that exists in a particular article
- Understand the basic kinds of questions that can, and cannot, be answered by statistics
Executive & Leadership Operations